As Winter Gets Closer...

.. it will get dull. REAL dull. Its about the time of the year where traveling is put off till March of next year. A few months being stuck home would surely drive me nuts. In the mean time I'm taking the opportunity to continue taking courses in Geology and Palaeontology. In the end its not so bad as every time I step out onto the field, I carry with me a better understanding and appreciation. So in some way I don't mind being stuck in the house this winter, my face in books.

Right now I'm studying one of my favorite subjects in Geology/Paleontology: the Cambrian Explosion (Radiation). From the Precambrian till the Permian, that's what attracts me the most. Most people like dinosaurs, I on the other hand am more fascinated with proto-animals and how life got to these weird steps in evolution.

Life in the Cambrian

If you're a visual person like me, you'll love David Attenborough's First Life. This Documentary brings you along for an adventure like never before.


Here's the link to First Life's Wikipedia page: David Attenborough's First Life Wikipedia Entry

Till Next time. Cheers!

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Martin Head (Southern New Brunswick)

Amethyst Cove (Blomidon, Nova Scotia)

Rock Hunting in Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada)